While Beltran was heating it up on the field the real heat was in the locker room--in the form of fire!
As it turns out a dryer in the field house caught fire and got things just a wee bit smoky!
There was a minor dryer fire in Yankee clubhouse in Dunedin. Carlos Beltran said the clubhouse got smoky & players gathered their stuff...
— Daniel Barbarisi (@DanBarbarisi) March 2, 2014
There are conflicting reports on whether the players had to vacate the locker room or not, but no one was hurt either way.